Please upgrade your versions of Paid Memberships Pro to the latest 1.7.15 version. This update includes a fix for a critical security hole that can be used to gain information about your web server and WordPress install which can be used to further attack your site. We will be releasing more information about the security vulnerability soon, but I wanted to give everyone a chance to update their version of the plugin ASAP.
If you are in a situation where you must use an older version of Paid Memberships Pro, we advise that you update the services/getfile.php script with the latest version here.
If you are using one of these methods to lock down files in your wp-content/uploads folder or a non-wordpress directory, you will need to add the following code to your wp-config.php to enable the getfile.php script:
This update also includes important updates to the Stripe integration to avoid double billing situations and some other important bug fixes.
Please update the Paid Memberships Pro from the plugins page of your WordPress dashboard. You can also get the latest version of PMPro here or version 1.7.15 specifically here.
The full list of updates is below.
- SECURITY FIX: The /services/getfile.php script has been disabled by default. You must set the PMPRO_GETFILE_ENABLED constant to true or 1 to allow the script to run. Additionally, the script will strip ../ and /. type strings out of the URI when looking for files to get and will not read any files using the extensions set via the pmpro_getfile_extension_blacklist filter. By default inc, php, php3, php4, php5, phps, and phtml file types are not allowed. (Thanks, Kacper Szurek)
- BUG: Fixed issue with Stripe integration where existing members checking out for new recurring subscriptions would receive extra charges. Now deleting the old Stripe subscription and any related open invoices and creating a new subscription instead of just updating the old subscription. (Thanks, Antonv and Thomas Sjolshagen)
- BUG: Fixed issue with Braintree integration where the billing address associated with a credit card was not being updated via the update billing page. (Thanks, Keith Abramo)
- BUG: Fixed issue where pmpro_next_payment() would return a 0 timestamp instead of false when there is no previous order. (Thanks, Thomas Sjolshagen)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_formatPrice() and pmpro_getCurrencyPosition() functions. Now using them to render prices with formatting. You can use the pmpro_format_price filter or pmpro_currecies filter to adjust the formatting of prices to support currency symbols after the price or to use commas instead of periods for separators.
- ENAHNCEMENT: Added getSubscriptionStatus() to Authorize.net gateway class. Also fixed up some of the logic around checking the gateway environment.
- BUG: Now urlencoding the API Username and Password sent through the PayPal APIs in case your values have + or other special characters in them. (Thanks, mrschmiddy)
- BUG: Now showing cycle number in the Fee column of the members list. E.g. a level that is $10 every 3 months will now show up as $10.00 + $10.00/3 Months.
- BUG: Fixed bug where user first_name and last_name were being overwritten by PayPal values when using PayPal Standard.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added PMPRO_CRON_LIMIT constant, which can be used to limit the number of records processed by each scheduled cron job. This can for example, keep your server from going over PHP time limits or email limits. Use define(‘PMPRO_CRON_LIMIT’, 100); to set the limit to 100.
- BUG: Discount code AJAX calls now going through admin-ajax.php, fixing issues where the Themed Profiles module of Theme My Login would block those calls. (Thanks, Tony)
- ENHANCEMENT: Removed the “CardType” field at checkout and now using the jquery.creditCardValidator script to determine the card type on form submit.
- BUG: No longer setting $order->subtotal and invoice total to the billing amount (vs the initial price) for recurring payments with Cybersource (deprecated in v2.10+), PayPal Standard, PayPal Express or Twocheckout (deprecated in v2.10+). (Thanks, Joce Nunes)
- ENHANCEMENT: The search filter will no longer filter out a post that is in a category blocked by one membership level if the user also has access to that content through another category.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Running email body through wpautop if it doesn’t look like HTML.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_getfile_before_error hook in getfile.php.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_ipn_check_receiver_email filter if you want to change how the email is checked in the IPN log.
- BUG: Fixed bug where reports would show duplicate month labels on the last day of the month.
- BUG: Fixed some issues with logging in at checkout, especially when using FORCE_SSL_ADMIN. (Thanks, Wimans)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added “pending” as a default status for orders available on the edit order page in the dashboard.