Version 1.8.12 of Paid Memberships Pro is out with a handful of bug fixes. These bugs have the potential to hinder sales for some setups, so be sure to upgrade.
Please update Paid Memberships Pro from the plugins page of your WordPress dashboard. You can also get the latest version of PMPro here or version 1.8.12 specifically here.
The full list of updates is below.
- BUG: Fixed issue where “expiring soon” emails were sometimes sent more than needed.
This one is super annoying for members if it’s affecting your site. We also updated the Extra Expiration Warning Emails Add On to avoid similar issues there and are working on an update for the Recurring Payment Email Reminders Add On that sends reminders for recurring subscriptions.
- BUG: Fixed issue where PayPal Standard IPN requests were being rejected if a tax amount was set in PayPal.
I think very few people used the tax settings in PayPal, but if you are this bug should no longer break checkouts for you.
- BUG: Fixed issue with Stripe subscription “updates” that were set to fire on “next payment”, e.g. if you used Stripe with levels with a non-zero trial amount. When the update processed and created a new subscription, the old subscription was not being deleted and the new subscription ID was not being saved as a new order for future tracking purposes. If you use this feature, please check in Stripe to make sure your users don’t have extra subscriptions.
If you were using Stripe updates that fired on “next payment” or had levels with a non-zero trial amount using Stripe, this bug might have affected your site. If this describes you, you should check first that your members don’t have extra subscription objects in the Stripe dashboard for the original trial subscriptions. Second, you should check that the subscription_transaction_id of your orders (the last order for each customer) in PMPro match the subscription transaction ID in Stripe. You’ll need to update orders to have the new IDs or similar to what we do in the plugin itself add $0 orders with the correct subscription ID to make sure that the subscriptions synchronizes well with Stripe. Since we expect a small % of PMPro users to have this issue, we didn’t bundle a fix in the plugin update. If you need help fixing this, feel free to reach out through our contact form or for faster help through our member forums.
- BUG: Fixed setting in PayPal/PayPal Express API calls from AUTOBILLAMT to AUTOBILLOUTAMT. This setting is set to AddToNextBilling, meaning that failed payment amounts are added to the next billing cycle’s amount if left unpaid. In most cases, a retry of the original billed amount goes through or the user’s subscription is cancelled. But just in case, this makes sure that outstanding balances are paid. (Thanks, jubstuff on GitHub)
- BUG: Fixed warnings in the setGateway method of the MemberOrder class for cases where the gateway is missing or the class file is not found.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Moved the pmpro_before_change_membership_level hook to fire a little bit earlier to make it easier to determine the old level status/end date/etc before it gets updated. (Thanks, MrVibe on GitHub)
- ENHANCEMENT: Replaced the Force SSL option with an explanation if the entire site is over HTTPS. We are already ignoring the option in these cases.