Version 126.96.36.199 of Paid Memberships Pro is out with a handful of bug fixes.
Included in this update is a fix to the Update Billing page for sites using Stripe. This bug could keep users from updating their billing to maintain membership.
Also included in this update is a fix to our content filter for a bug where member content showed up in searches and archives to logged-out users even if that advanced setting was set to hide that content. The content was still filtered to say membership was required, but on some sites you want to hide the existence of member content altogether, and this bug prevented that. The content filter code is complicated, and while this seems like a fairly straightforward fix, it is easy to introduce new bugs and hard to test all use cases out there. So be sure to run through your content as a member, non-member, and logged-out user to see that your site behaves as expected.
Finally, we also updated the Add PayPal Express and Pay by Check addons today. The updates there fixed some edge case bugs and also made sure that those two addons (as well as a few others) work together well. With both addons activated and configured, you can get a “Choose a Payment Method” box that gives you options to pay by credit card (onsite gateway), PayPal, or Pay by Check. We had a good chat at last week’s Dev Chat about ways to support a general method to allow any number of gateway options. Notes from that chat will be released soon. Development on that feature is TBD.
The full list of updates is below.
- BUG: Fixed bug where credit card expiration emails would be sent to users with PayPal Express orders.
- BUG: Fixed bug when updating billing with Stripe.
- BUG: Fixed bug where the archive/search filter was not running for logged out users.
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated Finnish translations. (Thanks, JP Jakonen)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added filter for modifying the order description in Stripe. (Thanks, Rafe Colton)