Version 1.8.7 of Paid Memberships Pro is out with a handful of bug fixes and minor enhancements.
A Note About Orders Updates
Thanks to Pippin from AffiliateWP for helping to find and fix a bug with recurring Stripe orders that was causing issues with AffiliateWP recurring commissions as well as other affiliate plugins.
Please note that upon upgrading to version 1.8.7, PMPro will scan your orders for recurring Stripe orders and, if found, will need to fix those orders to work with the new version. For small sites (less than 100 orders) this should happen in the background while the plugin upgrades.
For larger sites, a link will be added to your dashboard taking you to a page that will run the update in the background. You must use this link to upgrade your database to fix the issue with Stripe orders. If you don’t see a message a link to update your database, then it has been updated already or does not need to be updated.
If you updated to 1.8.7 and received a fatal error.
First, I’m very sorry about this. The version of the plugin pushed to the WordPress.org servers was missing some files. We’ve since uploaded the missing files, but if you updated to PMPro v1.8.7 between 3pm and 3:45pm EST Wednesday January 20th, 2016, then you might have gotten the corrupted version.
There are a couple ways to fix this. Both will require FTP access.
- FTP to your site and delete the /plugins/paid-memberships-pro/ folder. (DO NOT DELETE THE PLUGIN FROM THE PLUGINS PAGE IN THE WP DASHBOARD OR ALL OF YOUR DATA WILL ALSO BE DELETED. But deleting via FTP only deletes the files.)
- Re-download Paid Memberships Pro through the WordPress dashboard.
- FTP into the site and upload these three files to the /plugins/paid-memberships-pro/ folder:
If you need help with this. Please post to our member forums and we’ll get in touch quickly.
The full list of updates is below.
- BUG (22.214.171.124): Some missing files have been pushed to the 1.8.7 and 126.96.36.199 repositories. The version was incremented to make it easier for some to upgrade.
- BUG: Fixed bug where recurring Stripe orders were saving the customer ID in the subscription_transaction_id instead of the subscription ID. This was causing issues with plugins like AffiliateWP that tried to track recurring orders. After upgrading to 1.8.7, a script will run on your database to fix old recurring orders.
- BUG: Fixed bug where cancellations weren’t showing up in the chart views of the membership stats reports.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: The IPN service will now look for the payment_date parameter to set the timestamp of the recurring order/etc when processing IPN requests.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added tools to run large database updates (e.g. Stripe fix above) over AJAX to avoid timeouts.
- ENHANCEMENT: MemberOrder class will now insert/update the timestamp if a ->timestamp or ->datetime variable is set on the object.
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated the Norwegian translation. (Thanks, Thomas Sjolshagen)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added Argentine Peso (ARS) as a currency.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added Nigerian Naira as a currency option. (Thanks, Maria)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added a second option $conjunction parameter to the pmpro_implodeToEnglish() function. So you can use pmpro_implodeToEnglish($array, ‘or’) to change the ‘and’ in the text to ‘or’ or something different.
- ENHANCEMENT: The “Sales” numbers on the sales and revenue reports now only includes orders with totals > $0. (More reports updates in the works.)