Version 2.6.4 of Paid Memberships Pro is out with a handful of bug fixes. These bugs have the potential to hinder sales, so be sure to upgrade.
In particular, there was a bug in version 2.6.3 of PMPro that may have led to users who cancelled subscriptions at PayPal to not be cancelled locally in WordPress as members. You will want to look into recent subscription cancellations in PayPal and make sure those users no longer have access to your website if they should not. Thanks to Juan Zelaya, Ricardo Valladares, and Mirco Babini who helped to diagnose and fix this issue.
Please update Paid Memberships Pro from the plugins page of your WordPress dashboard. You can also get the latest version of PMPro here or version 2.6.4 specifically here.
The full list of updates is below.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now including some information from the
.htaccessfile in Site Health, including whether a
getfile.phpscript is defined or if caching is being used.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now including some of the PMPro-related PHP constants in the Site Health.
- ENHNACEMENT: Now including the minimum PHP version (5.6 currently) in the
readme.txtso it’s shared on the WordPress.org page.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added scrollable classes to the Member History shown on user profile edit page in the dashboard.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Now sending a
200 OKstatus message early when the Stripe webhook is running to avoid timeout issues. We may use this new
pmpro_send_200_http_responsein the other webhook/IPN handlers later on.
- BUG FIX/EHNANCEMENT: Removed the “fee” info from the edit user page. This was often misleading. The fee is still shown on the members list and frontend account page. Future updates will include work to make sure the fee is more accurate in cases where subscriptions or levels are being changed by admins after checkout.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Once again enqueuing the
admin.cssfile on all WP admin pages. This fixes issues where styles weren’t being applied to the edit user/profile page in the dashboard.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Removed the “Member Value Report”. We didn’t intend to move this over from the old Member History Add On. The report was inaccurate and had optimization issues.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Added login compatibility for WordPress.com hosted sites. This fixes some issues with WordPress.com’s SSO when using the PMPro login page.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue introduced in 2.6.3 where memberships were not being cancelled when cancelled at PayPal.
- BUG FIX: Now including time when calculating profile start date. In the past, we would set it to 00:00:00 which could add or remove a few hours from the subscription.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue where enddates were incorrectly set sometimes when expiration period was “Hour”.