Version 2.9.4 of Paid Memberships Pro is out with a handful of bug fixes. These bugs have the potential to hinder sales, so be sure to upgrade.
In particular, this update fixes a bug with our Stripe webhook handler, where in some cases an error fetching an invoice would result in a subscription that was cancelled at Stripe not cancelling the associated membership in Paid Memberships Pro. The issue only seems to have affected sites running more recent (8+) versions of PHP and even then only happens in some cases.
To see if you have been affected by the issue, you can search your PHP error logs for errors like the following:
Unable to fetch Stripe Invoice object: Could not determine which URL to request: Stripe\Invoice instance has invalid ID:
If you see an error like this, not the date and time and check if there was a subscription cancelled at Stripe (either manually or due to failed payments) and then if so, make sure the member in WP/PMPro has been cancelled if applicable.
The full list of updates for PMPro v2.9.4
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Added MMPU compatibility for some crons.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: The default “More Information” group name/label is now translatable.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Fixed PHP notice on the update billing page.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Avoiding line breaks in very long labels for checkbox fields.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue with processing
customer.subscription.deletedwebhook events from Stripe with newer versions of PHP.