How it Works
There are a few scenarios possible with this add on. Each scenario shares these common features:
- When users checkout for a main account (or are assigned one by and admin), a discount code is generated to allow sponsored members to sign up for the sponsored level for free.
- If a user has a discount code assigned to them, it will show up on their membership account and confirmation pages.
- Sponsored members will be linked to their sponsor through the pmpro_discount_codes_uses table.
- If a sponsor’s account is cancelled, all of their sponsored members will have their accounts disabled as well.
- If a sponsor’s account is reenabled at a later point, all of their sponsored members will have their accounts reenabled automatically.
Popular Use Cases Include
- Parent account completes checkout and receives a discount code with a specified number of uses (seats) to share with child accounts, who can register their own account at the specified level for charge.
- Parent account selects the additional number of child accounts they would like to purchase at a specified price (N accounts * X price per account is added to parent’s price for membership). Parent account receives a discount code with the selected number of uses (seats) to share with child accounts, who can register their own account at the specified level for charge.
- Upload the ‘pmpro-sponsored-members’ directory to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory of your site.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
This add on is configured via custom code in your theme’s functions.php file or a helper PMPro Customizations plugin (our recommended method).