How it Works
There are a few scenarios possible with this add on. Each scenario shares these common features:
- When users checkout for a main account (or are assigned one by and admin), a discount code is generated to allow sponsored members to sign up for the sponsored level for free.
- If a user has a discount code assigned to them, it will show up on their membership account and confirmation pages.
- Sponsored members will be linked to their sponsor through the pmpro_discount_codes_uses table.
- If a sponsor’s account is cancelled, all of their sponsored members will have their accounts disabled as well.
- If a sponsor’s account is reenabled at a later point, all of their sponsored members will have their accounts reenabled automatically.
Popular Use Cases Include
- Parent account completes checkout and receives a discount code with a specified number of uses (seats) to share with child accounts, who can register their own account at the specified level for charge.
- Parent account selects the additional number of child accounts they would like to purchase at a specified price (N accounts * X price per account is added to parent’s price for membership). Parent account receives a discount code with the selected number of uses (seats) to share with child accounts, who can register their own account at the specified level for charge.
- Upload the ‘pmpro-sponsored-members’ directory to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory of your site.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
This add on is configured via custom code in your helper PMPro Customizations plugin.
An example of the customization code is shown below.
Importing Members with Sponsored Parent to Child Relationships
Assuming your Sponsored Members Add On is properly configured, you can leverage the Import Users from CSV Add On to import existing members with a parent to child relationship by following the steps below.
- Make sure you have properly configured the
- In addition to the required columns as outlined in the Import Users from CSV Add On documentation, you must add the following columns to your CSV import file:
pmprosm_seats: This will set the user meta field that stores the number of seats available to a sponsoring/parent account. Leave blank or 0 for unlimited. This field should only be imported for a “Parent” account type.
pmprosm_sponsor: Set this field to the User ID, Email Address, or User Login for the Sponsor or Parent Account for this user. If the account is a “Parent” account type, leave this field blank.
- Complete the import according to the steps outlined in the Import Users from CSV Add On documentation.