Version 2.8 of Paid Memberships Pro is out with some new amazing new features including native refund functionality, Stripe Checkout beta launch, and usage tracking for platform growth.
Please update Paid Memberships Pro from the plugins page of your WordPress dashboard. You can also get the latest version of PMPro here or version 2.8 specifically here.
Read on for the full list of new features and the entire v2.8 changelog.
Native Refund Functionality for Stripe and PayPal
Paid Memberships Pro offers native support for full refunds right in your WordPress site admin. This new feature streamlines the process you and your membership site managers need to follow to handle a refund case.
One-click refunds are offered in three specific places within the WordPress admin:
- On the single user “Edit Profile” screen within the “Membership Level” section.
- On the All Orders admin list view.
- On a single Edit Order admin screen.
What was once a many step process is now a single checkbox. From the Users > Edit User screen in WordPress you can:
- Refund the last payment
- Cancel or change a user’s membership
- Cancel the subscription at the gateway
- Email the user about the change.
Spend less time and effort worrying about people that don’t want to pay you, and more time focusing on the people that do.
Read more about refund functionality in Paid Memberships Pro »
We now track non-sensitive, anonymous data to help us make decisions on heavily used (or underused) features. We can see how successful sites structure their memberships to learn the best practices. This helps us lift everyone up and build a better tool in the ways that matter to you.
Read more about usage tracking in Paid Memberships Pro »
Stripe Checkout (Beta)
Since we started using Stripe Checkout we’ve seen a 75% increase in NEW CUSTOMERS. More time will tell, but this feels like a no-brainer tool that creates a more secure, more . We built Stripe Connect not only to optimize the checkout process, but also to help our international users take advantage of more Stripe payment methods, including bank transfer, Klarna, Sofort, and iDEAL.
Stripe Checkout also supports Stripe Tax. So you can now be fully tax compliant without using a third party tax service like our Avalara AvaTax Integration.
Read the full documentation on Stripe Checkout for Paid Memberships Pro »
Full Changelog for v2.8
There’s a boatload of enhancements, bug fixes, and not-obvious-but-helpful stuff. These are the improvements that make our platform stronger. These are the important changes that show we respectfully listen to our customers so PMPro can be the most used plugin for WP memberships: open sourced, the WordPress way.
- FEATURE: Added refunds buttons for Stripe and Paypal Express orders.
- FEATURE: Released Beta version of Stripe Checkout. Add
define('PMPRO_STRIPE_CHECKOUT_BETA_ENABLED', true);to your wp-config.php to enable this gateway during the beta.
- ENHANCEMENT: Introduced a new set of functions that handle cron-related tasks including:
pmpro_get_crons()to get the list of PMPro registered crons.
- ENHANCEMENT: New filter
pmpro_registered_cronswhich you can register new crons to be handled by PMPro. They show up in the PMPro Site Health info and are automatically scheduled when they need to be.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added an opt-in stats collection so we can get better insight on how people use Paid Memberships Pro.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added Formal German translation files.
- ENHANCEMENT: Tracking library conflicts in Site Health, e.g. when other plugins are loading gateway libraries at the same time as PMPro.
- ENHANCEMENT: UI/UX improvements to the Orders admin area for list and single edit view.
- ENHANCEMENT: Improved the UI for email template variables reference on the Settings > Email Templates admin page.
- ENHANCEMENT: Various other UI improvements to the admin area.
- ENHANCEMENT: Improved block names, descriptions, keywords, and organization for discover and usability.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added
show_noaccessas a setting on the Membership Required block for swapping in the appropriate content message.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added filter
pmpro_braintree_transaction_sale_arrayto allow adding or adjusting of the sale transaction method.
- ENHANCEMENT: Moved the TOS input inside the label to support multiline i18n.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added new action
pmpro_checkout_after_tosto output content after the TOS.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added filters to change gateway ipn/webhook logfile.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added filter to perform actions during
PPHttpPost()method of the PayPal gateways.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added untranslated gateway identifiers to Site Health info.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Fixed escaping and localization for many strings across the codebase.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Resolve admin area conflicts with other plugins using similar class names.
- BUG FIX: Crons are now automatically rescheduled if they disappear form the cron schedule.
- BUG FIX: Resolved problems with PHP float precision and prevent passing along faulty floats to the gateway APIs.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue where TOS setting was not saving when using the PayFast gateway.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue where the
is_renewal()method didn’t work during the