Paid Memberships Pro displays in U.S. English (en_US) by default, but our plugin has the capability to be used in any language.
Translations Included in Paid Memberships Pro
Note that the list of languages below account for the individual language files included in the plugin and may not be 100% translated. Please refer to the GlotPress Profile Page for Paid Memberships Pro for more information on translation completeness.
- Catalan: ca
- Catalan (Andorra): ca_AD
- Catalan (Spain): ca_ES
- Chinese (Hong Kong): zh_HK
- Czech: cs_CZ
- Danish: da_DK
- Dutch (Nederlands): nl_NL
- English (UK): en_GB
- English (South Africa): en_SA
- English: en_US
- Estonian: et_EE
- Finnish: fi
- French (France): fr_FR
- German: de_DE
- German (Formal): de_DE_formal
- Greek: el_GR
- Hebrew : he_IL
- Italian: it_IT
- Norwegian (Bokmål): nb_NO
- Persian: fa_IR
- Portuguese (Brazil): pt_BR
- Portuguese (Portugal): pt_PT
- Russian: ru_RU
- Serbian: sr_RS
- Slovak: sk_SK
- Spanish (Chile): es_CL
- Spanish (Spain): es_ES
- Spanish (Peru): es_PE
- Swedish: sv_SE
- Turkish: tr_TR
- Vietnamese (Vietnam): vi_VN
Translate PMPro into your language using GlotPress.
You can use and translate Paid Memberships Pro into your own language< using a WordPress Project called GlotPress. This project allows you to easily submit suggestions for “string” translations (fancy name for sentences) and all you need to get started is a WordPress.org account, which is free.
How to translate Paid Memberships Pro using GlotPress.
- Create or login to your WordPress.org profile.
- Navigate to the Paid Memberships Pro GlotPress Profile Page.
- Select your language from the table provided, you will also notice how close to completion the translation is by its color and percentage.
- Select the “Set/Sub Project” that you want to contribute your translation to. Usually, it will be the Development and the Stable Release set.
- Find the string(s) that you want to translate. Double click in the empty translation field to add your translation. You will notice that a text area will now open up for you. Write out your translation. Once done, click on the “Suggest new Translation” button. Note – be sure to include any special characters that may be present in the original translation like for example
- Done. Your translated string has been submitted and now it will either be approved or rejected by a translation editor.
How to Change Your WordPress (and Paid Memberships Pro) Language
The WordPress Codex has an excellent guide on how to set your WordPress language. See that guide here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress_in_Your_Language. This will update both your WordPress and Paid Memberships Pro to use the specified language.
Not all of our translations have included the member email body text (only the German Translation is currently provided), but you can use the Email Templates Admin Editor Add On to do these translations.
How to Contribute a New Translation
If your translation is not listed here, you can read this tutorial on how to prepare new localization files: https://www.paidmembershipspro.com/documentation/languages/
We just ask that whatever work you do to localize Paid Memberships Pro is contributed back to the Plugin community under the GPLv2 license. You can submit your new translation files via a pull request on our GitHub Repository (https://github.com/strangerstudios/paid-memberships-pro) or send an email via our Contact Form and we will coordinate with you to obtain the translation files.