The first step to setting up Paid Memberships Pro is creating a Membership Level.
On the dashboard, go to Memberships > Membership Levels.
- Name: The name of your Membership level (public)
- Description: Optional content shown on the checkout page.
- Confirmation Message: Optional content shown on the checkout confirmation page.
- Billing Details: For my $10/month plan, I set:
- Initial Payment (This is what is charged at checkout. E.g. $10.)
- $10 per 1 Month
- No payment limit
- No trial
- No expiration
- Content Settings: If you have any Categories that should be locked down for members, you can check them off at the bottom of the edit level page. This means that any post in a restricted/Members-Only category will be locked down for members of this level.
- Save Level
Important: At least one membership level must be open to signups (“Allow Signups” = Yes) or your customers will be redirected to your membership levels page when they try to register or checkout.