In this recipe, we demonstrate how to require members to use an approved email domain. This is useful for Education, Corporate, or Association Memberships.
With this code in place, all members must use a valid email that matches your domain (a school, university, or corporate email account) in order to complete membership registration.
The Code Recipe
Adding the Recipe to Your Website
You can add this recipe to your site by creating a custom plugin or using the Code Snippets plugin available for free in the WordPress repository. Read this companion article for step-by-step directions on either method.
$valid_domains array to include your approved list of domains.
More Ways to Restrict User Registrations
Check out these additional tutorials with more ways to restrict user registration:
- Restrict Certain Words in Usernames
- Exclude Certain Email Domains from Membership Signup
- Limit the Number of Members by Membership Level
- Offer a Membership Level for a Limited Time
- Restrict Checkout for Users with a History of Refunds
- Restrict Membership Signup by Country
- Restrict Membership Signup by Email Domain
- Require a Discount Code to Checkout for a Certain Level
- Restrict Membership Checkout by Email or Username