With over 100,000 active installs, Paid Memberships Pro is the most complete WordPress membership plugin that gives you all the tools you need to start, manage, and grow your membership site.
PMPro allows you to restrict your content and manage member subscriptions with recurring payments – including a seamless member experience, flexible membership level pricing, and many other robust features, Add Ons, and integrations.
If you’re not sure which PMPro plan is right for you, we’re going to break it down to help you make the best decision for your membership site needs.
We currently offer three plans: Free, Standard, and Plus. We’ve designed each plan to suit different use cases, from membership site beginners and individual business owners to web developers and agencies.
On this page, we highlight the most important features you’ll get from each PMPro plan. You can see the full details on our pricing page to learn more.
Paid Memberships Pro Plans
Paid Memberships Pro – Free
Paid Memberships Pro is the fastest way to charge for access to your content or offer free member signups on WordPress.
Everything You Need to Get Started
The core plugin includes everything you need to accept member registrations and subscriptions and to restrict pages, posts, and sections of your content in WordPress.
If you’re just trying it out or can’t afford a paid membership plan, you can use PMPro for free. An open source plugin without limitations, PMPro includes more than all the other membership plugins – free or paid – with everything you need to charge for access to your WordPress site content.
Unlike some hosted membership platforms, using Paid Memberships Pro does not require any fees, except for those assessed by your payment gateway.
Plus, you don’t need to know how to code in order to use PMPro to create a complete membership site on WordPress.
- Use everything for free under the General Public License (GPL)
- Ask questions about the core plugin for free on WordPress.org (pre-sales questions should be submitted via our contact form). For premium support, check out our Standard or Plus plans.
- Add a Standard or Plus license to your free site at any time. Nothing will change with your site settings, content, user and member information, or subscriptions.
Our complete plugin is available for download in the WordPress.org repository.
Paid Memberships Pro – Standard
If you’re just getting started or creating a “build-it-yourself” membership site, our new Standard plan is an excellent choice for you. You should also purchase a Standard plan if you need additional customization beyond our free features.
Best for a Single Site
If you run one site and you need additional support and/or custom code to adjust PMPro to your site’s needs, this plan is for you.
- Offer PayPal as a secondary payment method (in addition to your primary gateway) with the Add PayPal Express Option at Checkout Add On. With over 300 million active accounts, PayPal enables you to serve buyers around the globe through a trusted and secure payment option.
- Change the capabilities of users by membership level with the Roles for Membership Levels Add On
- Require members to confirm their membership by email after signup with the Email Confirmation Add On
- Add Shipping Address fields to the membership checkout page and more with the Shipping Address on Membership Checkout Add On
- Lock custom post types with the Custom Post Type (CPT) Membership Access Add On
- Access all of our 21 Standard Add Ons
- Use a variety of code recipes
- Get premium support
For reference, one site refers to sites that have been active in the past year (staging and development sites don’t count).
You don’t actually need a valid license key to use any of our plugins, so your site won’t stop running if your key expires or you go over the site limit. However, plugin updates for certain plugins we host on our own servers will not update without a valid license key.
We may reach out to you if you go over the allowed number of sites for your plan and ask you to upgrade or adjust the number of sites using your license key.
Looking to use PMPro on more than one site? Want access to all of our Plus Add Ons? Upgrade to a Plus account.
Paid Memberships Pro – Plus
If you’re a developer or you need more advanced features and customization options for up to 2 sites, our Plus plan is the way to go.
- Sell a group of licenses or corporate accounts managed by a single payer with the Sponsored/Group Members Add On
- Allow members to have multiple membership levels and multiple active subscriptions with our Multiple Memberships Per User Add On
- Create robust member directories with customizable profiles using our Member Directory and Profile Pages Add On
- Offer a “sneak peek” of protected content and improve on-site SEO by limiting the number of post views for members and non-members using the Limit Post Views Add On
- Personalize the member experience with a unique and private page that you create for your members with the User Pages Add On
- Allow customers to set their own price when checking out for “pay what you can” membership levels with the Variable Pricing Add On
- Drip feed content to your members over the course of their membership with our Series: Drip-Feed Content Add On
- Access all of our Add Ons, including 21 Standard Add Ons. This plan includes everything we offer today and any new additions in the future.
- Access our code recipes
- Get premium support
Which PMPro plan is right for you?
Whether you are just experimenting, starting a new membership business, managing multiple membership sites, or building membership sites for clients through freelance or an agency, you can do it all with Paid Memberships Pro.
- Everything in Plus, with:
- 50+ sites
- Phone support
- Development consulting
- Performance scaling
- Onsite visits
- Premium hosting
- Everything in Standard, plus:
- 2 site license
- Priority support
- Accept donations
- Invite only membership
- Member approvals
- Member directory & user profiles
- Multisite & WordPress Network features
- Payment plans by level
- Prorated pricing
- Sell gift memberships
- Series/content drip-feed
- Sponsored or group membership
- Variable “pay what you want” pricing
- Addon Packages: Purchase Access to a Page, Post or “Thing”
- Approval Process for Membership
- Auto-Renewal Checkbox at Membership Checkout
- Gift Aid
- Gift Membership
- Goals Progress Bar
- Group Discount Codes
- Import Users from CSV Integration
- Invite Only Membership
- Limit Post Views
- Member Badges
- Member Directory and Profile Pages
- Member Homepages
- Member Network Sites
- Member RSS Feed
- Membership Manager Role
- Membership Maps
- Multiple Memberships Per User
- Multisite Membership
- Payment Plans
- Reason for Cancelling
- Responsive Reports Dashboard
- Series: Drip-Feed Content
- Social Login
- Sponsored/Group Members
- User Pages
- Variable Pricing
- Everything in Free, plus:
- 1 site license
- Premium support
- Advanced customization recipes
- Automatic updates
- Affiliate tracking
- Protect custom post types
- Email confirmation
- Membership cards
- Shipping address
- Add Member From Admin
- Add Name to Checkout
- Add PayPal Express Option at Checkout
- Advanced Levels Page Shortcode
- Affiliates: Lightweight Affiliate Tracking
- Capture Name & Address for Free Levels or for Offsite Gateway
- Country and State Dropdown
- Custom Level Cost Text
- Custom Post Type (CPT) Membership Access
- Developer’s Toolkit
- Email Confirmation
- Extra Expiration Warning Emails
- Lock Membership Level
- Membership Card
- Nav Menus
- Pay by Check
- Recurring Payment Email Reminders
- Shipping Address on Membership Checkout
- Signup Shortcode
- VAT (Value-Added Tax)
- The entire core plugin, with:
- Unlimited restricted content
- Unlimited membership levels & members
- Free or paid registration
- Recurring subscriptions
- All gateways, including Stripe & PayPal
- All email marketing integrations
- bbPress, BuddyPress, BuddyBoss integrations
- Courses & LMS integrations
- Frontend login
- No-code user profile fields
- Restrict access to WordPress dashboard
- WooCommerce integration
- Zapier integration
- Akismet Integration for Spam Protection
- Avalara: AvaTax Integration
- AWeber Integration
- Basic User Avatar
- bbPress Integration
- BuddyPress Integration
- Cancel on Next Payment Date
- ConvertKit Integration
- Courses for Membership
- Download Monitor Integration
- Events for Members-Only
- Hide Admin Bar from Non-Admins
- Holler Box Integration
- Infusionsoft Integration
- Kissmetrics Integration
- Mailchimp Integration
- MailPoet Integration
- Payfast Payment Gateway
- Payflow Recurring Orders
- Paystack Gateway
- Pods Integration
- Post Affiliate Pro Integration
- Require Strong Passwords
- Roles for Membership Levels
- Set Expiration Date
- Slack Integration
- Social Locker
- Stripe Billing Limits
- Subscription Delays
- Unlock Protocol Integration
- WooCommerce Integration
- WP Affiliate Platform Integration
- WP Bouncer
- Zapier Integration
Paid Memberships Pro is a well-produced, well-coded plugin that delivers maximum control over a subscription website and it is hard to think of a competitor that does it better.
Paid Memberships Pro has been a valuable asset managing our members on my martial arts academy and providing them with access to instructional courses based on their membership level. Also, it’s great I can see how often they are using it.
Ready to bring your membership site to life or accelerate your existing membership business? Buy Paid Memberships Pro today.