How it Works
The Variable Pricing Add On is a plugin for “donation-type” sites, where you give members the ability to give more or less than the recommended amount. This model is sometimes referred to as “pay what you want” or “pay what you can” pricing.
When a user completes membership checkout on your site, they will have the option to adjust the price via a text input field.
The price they select or enter will override the initial payment (amount collected at checkout) and any recurring billing amount for the level (i.e. if your suggested price is $10/month and the user enters “$15”, they will be billed $15/month ongoing).
You must have the Paid Memberships Pro plugin installed and activated with a valid license type to use this Add On.
- Navigate to Memberships > Add Ons in the WordPress admin.
- Locate the Add On and click “Install Now”.
- To install this plugin manually, download the .zip file above, then upload the compressed directory via the Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin screen in the WordPress admin.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins screen in the WordPress admin.
Membership Level Settings
- Navigate to Memberships > Settings > Levels in the WordPress dashboard.
- Edit the level(s) you want to add Variable Pricing to.
- Set the “Variable Pricing” settings, including the suggested price, minimum price, and maximum price.
Memberships > Membership Levels > Add New/Edit Level
Membership Checkout with Variable Price
This is a Plus Add On.
Plus Add Ons are included in all Plus or higher premium membership plans.