How it Works
The Variable Pricing Add On is a plugin for “donation-type” sites, where you give members the ability to give more or less than the recommended amount. This model is sometimes referred to as “pay what you want” or “pay what you can” pricing.
When a user completes membership checkout on your site, they will have the option to adjust the price via a text input field.
The price they select or enter will override the initial payment (amount collected at checkout) and any recurring billing amount for the level (i.e. if your suggested price is $10/month and the user enters “$15”, they will be billed $15/month ongoing).
- PMPro Plus members can install the add on via the Memberships > Add Ons admin page.
- Or, download the plugin file and upload the ‘pmpro-variable-pricing’ directory to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory of your site.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Membership Level Settings
- Navigate to Memberships > Settings > Levels in the WordPress dashboard.
- Edit the level(s) you want to add Variable Pricing to.
- Set the “Variable Pricing” settings, including the suggested price, minimum price, and maximum price.
Memberships > Membership Levels > Add New/Edit Level
Membership Checkout with Variable Price