One of our most frequently asked questions is: How do I add extra fields to the Paid Memberships Pro checkout page?
This can be done using the Register Helper Add On and a little bit of custom code. Our Register Helper API supports text fields, text areas, dropdowns, radio buttons, file uploads, and just about any field you could need – all customized by the membership level your user has selected.
Basic Install and Setup
The full Register Helper documentation contains all of the information you need to get started. A summarized list of steps is available below.
Install Register Helper – Paid Memberships Pro Add On
- Go to Plugins –> Add New. Search for “Register Helper Add On”. Install and Activate!
- Or to manually install the Add On:
- Download the latest version of the PMPro Register Helper Add On.
- Go to Plugins –> Add New in your WordPress dashboard.
- Click the “Upload” tab at the top of the page.
- Click “Choose File” and browse to the downloaded pmpro-register-helper.zip file.
- Click “Install Now”.
- Click “Activate Plugin”.
Install our Register Helper Example Plugin
We’ll set up the add on and add up to 5 fields as part of your PMPro Plus membership.
Why do I need to write code? Why not have a user-friendly GUI?
We may eventually build an admin interface for adding fields via Register Helper, but we are waiting until the main Register Helper plugin has evolved to offer as many features as our members need. And the list keep growing!
The Register Helper plugin is a very flexible tool for developers. A GUI-based tool would inevitably be less flexible, so we are committed to maintain flexibility as well as better ease of use.