Installation and Setup
The plugin is available via the WordPress.org Plugin repository. Installation instructions for your WordPress admin are outlined below (or download it directly via WordPress.org).
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New in your site’s WordPress admin
- Search for “ConvertKit Paid Memberships Pro Integration”
- Click “Install Now” (enter FTP information if needed), then “Activate”
- Go to Settings > ConvertKit PMP
- Enter your ConvertKit API key (found here); click “Save Settings”.
- After saving your API settings you can now “Assign Tags”.
Assign a Tag to a Membership Level
- Go to Settings > ConvertKit PMP.
- For each membership level, select a tag from the dropdown list.
- Click “Save Settings”.
As new members join your site, the tag will be assigned to that subscriber in your ConvertKit account.
How to Import Existing Members and Tag them in ConvertKit
- Export your members list under Memberships > Members List > “Export to CSV”.
- Remove all columns EXCEPT the
- Save a separate CSV for each membership level. You will need to import each list separately to assign appropriate tags in ConvertKit.
- For each individual level’s CSV file, modify the CSV file to have two columns “First Name” and “Email Address” (in that order, with those specific column names, remove the membership_level column).
Now that you have your list data you can head over to the ConvertKit documentation “How to Import Email Subscribers” for further instructions.