How it Works
The Approvals Add On for Paid Memberships Pro allows you to set up a unique approval or application process for your membership site. After a member signs up, the Admin, Membership Manager, or new Approver roles will have the ability to approve their membership or deny the application. The member will be charged the initial payment and subscription configured (if applicable) based on the level’s settings at checkout.
Additionally, you can set a level to require an approved membership from another level in order to complete checkout. This allows you to offer a two-step membership application and full membership registration model. You can place an application fee on the application level, and then charge your full recurring membership fee on the primary membership for approved members.
The applying member and the admin will receive email notifications along the process to alert them of the application status.
Members pending approval will not have access to view members-only content until their membership has been approved. After a member is approved, they will be able to access all members-only content.
- PMPro Plus members can install the add on via the Memberships > Add Ons admin page.
- Or, download the plugin file and upload the ‘pmpro-approvals’ directory to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory of your site.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Navigate to the Memberships > Membership Levels > “Edit Level” or “Add New Level” admin page.
- Under the “Approval Settings” heading, select an option for the “Requires Approval” setting. Options include:
- Yes. Admin must approve new members for this level.
- Yes. User must have an approved membership for a different level.
- Yes. User must have an approved membership for a different level AND admin must approve new members for this level.
- If the level requires approval from another level, select the “application level” from the field “Which level?”
- Click “Save Level”.
Approvals are managed via the Memberships > Approvals admin page.
This dashboard shows all of your members that have completed an application and allows the administrator to approve, deny, or view the status of a previous decision.
- To approve a member, click the “Approve” link.
- To deny a member, click the “Deny” link.
- To reverse a previous decision, click the “[x]” link.
Applicant and Member Notifications
There are five notification emails that will be sent to the admin or member along the membership approval process.
|Email File Name||Description|
|admin_approved.html||Sent to the admin confirming an approved membership application via the Memberships > Approvals admin page.|
|admin_denied.html||Sent to the admin confirming a denied membership application via the Memberships > Approvals admin page.|
|admin_notification.html||Sent to the admin after a new membership application has been received.|
|application_approved.html||Sent to the member after the application has been approved via the Memberships > Approvals admin page.|
|application_denied.html||Sent to the member after the application has been denied via the Memberships > Approvals admin page.|
These emails can be customized in conjunction with the Email Templates Admin Editor Add On.