- Sell a Membership in Paid Memberships Pro as a WooCommerce Product (WooCommerce Subscriptions required for recurring subscription).
- Custom Product Pricing based on Membership Level.
- A Global percent discount for all products based on Membership Level
- Upload the ‘pmpro-woocommerce’ directory to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory of your site.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Membership Products are products which assign the customer a PMPro membership level after their order is completed. It is important that you have disabled “Guest Checkout” and have enabled “Account Creation as Part of Checkout” via WooCommerce Settings.
PMPro WooCommerce adds a new Membership tab to the Product Data meta box. The first option, “Membership Product” designates a product as a Membership Product.
If a user adds a Membership Product to their cart, any Member Discounts or Pricing will be applied as if the user already had that membership level.
We have added a setting to the Membership tab of the Product Data meta box to “mark the order as completed immediately after checkout to activate the associated membership”. Alternately, you can mark your WooCommerce membership product as a Virtual Product and use a plugin such as WooCommerce Autocomplete Order.
Product Pricing by Membership Level
The Membership tab of the Product Data meta box also lists pricing fields for each membership level on your site.
Using these fields, you can create different prices for users with different membership levels. If they don’t have a membership, the price won’t be affected.
Global Product Discounts based on Membership Level
In addition to membership pricing, site-wide discounts can also be applied depending on membership level. PMPro WooCommerce adds a new option to the Edit/Add Membership Level page where you can specify a Membership Discount. Currently, membership discounts can only be applied as a percentage off of the product’s price.
It is important to note the following rules related to members-only pricing:
The product price will be calculated as:
- The regular price less member discount if applicable
- The sale price (if set) less member discount if applicable
- The member price set under Edit Product > Membership > LEVEL NAME price:, less the global member discount set under Memberships > Edit Level.
Members Only Products
If you’d like to offer certain products to members only, see the Custom Post Type Membership Access add on.
Members Only Store
If your entire store is locked for members only, see this post on Locking Your Entire eCommerce Shop for Members-Only.
Catalog Mode for Non-Member
If you would like non-members the ability to see your store items but restrict them from seeing prices and ability to purchase, see this post on Turn your WooCommerce Store into a Catalog for Non Members
Use WooCommerce to Sell Memberships with Your Payment Gateway of Choice
If you would like to see how to sell Memberships using the WooCommerce Checkout, the payment gateway of your choice and Paid Memberships Pro view this post: Use WooCommerce to Sell Memberships with your Payment Gateway of Choice