How it Works
This plugin adds a ‘Require Membership’ meta box on the ‘Edit Forum’ page to let you specify the level(s) that can access the forum.
The plugin adds settings to the Membership Level as well as to the Forums general settings pages to help you control deeper features and display options for bbPress.
Restrict a Forum by Level
Edit a Forum in your WordPress Dashboard. On this page, you will see a “Require Membership” Metabox in the right column of the editing screen. Select any membership levels in this box that you wish to restrict access for. Members, Users, and Visitors without these levels will not be allowed to view forum content, including topics and replies.
General Forums Settings
Navigate to Settings > Forums in the WordPress admin. Here you can specify additional Paid Memberships Pro behavior for your Forums including:
- Error Message: This message is shown when users attempt to view a forum or thread they don’t have access to.
- Member Links: Add links to member forums in the “Member Links” section of the “Membership Account” page.
- Hide Member Forums: Hide member forums content from forums list and search results.
- Hide Forum Roles: Hide forum roles in replies.
- Show Membership Levels: Show membership levels in replies and on the bbPress profile page.
Membership Level bbPress Settings
Navigate to Members > Settings > Membership Levels in the WordPress dashboard, then click to edit a level. Here you can specify additional bbPress Settings specific to this level, including:
- Forum Role: Assign a specific Forum Role to members of this level. The Role will be reset to the site default role if membership is cancelled. This default role is set under Settings > General.
- Background Color: Highlight the topic replies for members of this level with the specified background color. You can also add custom styles to your site’s CSS. Replies by members of this level can be targeted with the CSS selector
You must have the Paid Memberships Pro plugin installed and activated with a valid license type to use this Add On.
- Navigate to Memberships > Add Ons in the WordPress admin.
- Locate the Add On and click “Install Now”.
- To install this plugin manually, download the .zip file above, then upload the compressed directory via the Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin screen in the WordPress admin.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins screen in the WordPress admin.
Refer the the sections earlier in this documentation for setup, including:
- Edit your forum(s) and restrict forum access by toggling levels in the ‘Require Membership’ box.
Video: How to Lock a Member Forum by Membership Level
Action and Filter Hooks
The following actions and filters are available in this Add On:
apply_filters( 'pmprobb_filter_forum_queries', true );
apply_filters( 'pmprobb_filter_topic_queries', true );
apply_filters( 'pmprobbp_check_forum_redirect_url', $redirect_to, $forum_id );
apply_filters('pmpro_bbp_error_msg', __( 'You do not have the required membership level to access that forum.', 'pmpro-bbpress' ) );
This is a Free Add On.
Create a free account or log in to gain access to downloads and documentation.