Have you ever wanted to increase your Paid Membership Pro site’s revenue without having to sell any additional products? And we’re not talking about scary things like calling your customers or raising your prices either.
We hosted abandoned carts expert Dave Rodenbaugh to teach you his secret to Boost Membership Site Revenue by 10%—Without Any Additional Customers.
Watch the replay with the cart-recovery superstar, Dave Rodenbaugh, to learn three simple solutions to abandoned carts.
Table of contents
- Video [Master Class] on Abandoned Cart Recovery
- Are Abandoned Carts an Issue with Membership Sites?
- Why do people abandon carts?
- How do we solve the abandoned cart problem?
- Secret #1 Reminders Work
- Secret #2 Psychology Matters
- Secret #3 Combine Reminders + Psychology with Automation
- Recapture’s Abandoned Cart Recovery for Paid Memberships Pro
Video [Master Class] on Abandoned Cart Recovery
Are Abandoned Carts an Issue with Membership Sites?
Yes! In just 2 weeks Paid Memberships had over 1,600 abandoned carts on their own site.
Forrester researched the loss due to abandoned carts in e-commerce. They estimate that $18,000,000,000 (that’s 18 BILLION dollars).
Abandoned carts have increased over the past decide going from 60-70%. And mobile devices make this problem even worse.
Why do people abandon carts?
The top reasons according to Baymard
- The costs are too high
- Account required
- Checkout is too long
- Unclear pricing
- Don’t trust the site
How do we solve the abandoned cart problem?
There are some simple solutions and some complex solutions.
Complex Solutions to Abandoned Carts 👎
- Improve the speed of your site
- Reduce checkout fields
Simple Solutions to Abandoned Carts 👍
Let’s dig into these! 👇
Secret #1 Reminders Work
There’s an irrational fear about sending too much email. People are scared to send any email at all. They worry about bothering people.
But we live in a distracting world. People find your site while on the phone driving through Starbucks with their kid kicking the back of the seat. Not to mention a global pandemic. People miss things all the time. Sending reminders is actually helpful in a busy world. Not an annoyance.
Oftentimes sending 3 emails instead of 1 email will double or triple your income.
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take”—Wayne Gretzky
Secret #2 Psychology Matters
From the book Influence by Robert Cialdini there are 7 principles of persuasion:
- Reciprocity – if you do something for me I feel obligate to do something for you
- Commitment – if you make a public commitment to something you’ll keep going with it to be consistent
- Social proof – people observe what the group is doing and then do it themselves
- Authority – we tend to trust someone who is an authority figure
- Liking – we trust people more when we like them
- Scarcity – we want what we can’t (easily) have
- Unity – we bond with groups
Secret #3 Combine Reminders + Psychology with Automation
Recapture calls this R-P-C. Remind, persuade, & close.
- Remind (email 1)
- Focus on liking & unity
- Persuade (email 2)
- Focus on social proof & authority
- Close (email 3)
- Focus on scarcity & reciprocity
Membership Sites on Recapture 📈
- Sites recover between 9.33-32.67%
- Emails have 37-60% open rates
- Clicks have 12-26% conversion rates
Recapture’s Abandoned Cart Recovery for Paid Memberships Pro
This free and open source plugin connects Recapture to Paid Memberships Pro. Use it to send triggered emails to your customers to recover abandoned carts (membership signups that didn’t happen) for Paid Memberships Pro, win back old customers, or request reviews.
Recapture is the easiest and most effective way to recover abandoned carts and do email marketing for your Paid Memberships Pro site. Abandoned Cart Recovery pricing with Recapture is based on the value of revenue they recovery. View current Recapture pricing »Recapture Integration at WordPress.org
Dave Rodenbaugh, Recapture.io Founder
Dave Rodenbaugh is the founder of Recapture SMS and Email Marketing with over 15 years of experience building and running successful e-commerce websites. Stay in touch on Twitter: @daverodenbaugh.