To set up this gateway, you will need your PayPal account’s:
- Gateway Account Email
- API Username
- API Password
- API Signature
Locating your PayPal Account’s API Information
- Log in to your PayPal Business account.
- Hover over your name in the top right corner and click Account Settings.
- Click Website Payments in left column menu.
- Select API Access. If you haven’t already done so, you need to verify your account before requesting API credentials.
- These next pages vary based on whether you have existing PayPal API credentials set up or not.
- If you have already set up API credentials, select NVP/SOAP API integration and View API Signature.
- If you have not set up API credentials, you will need to set up the API credentials and permissions.
- Click Request API Credentials.
- Click Request API signature.
- Click Agree and Submit.
Payment Settings Setup for Paid Memberships Pro
- In your site’s WordPress admin, navigate to the “Payment Settings” tab in the “Memberships” section.
- Select “PayPal Express” from the “Payment Gateway” drop-down.
- Select “Live/Production” from the “Gateway Environment” drop-down. Note: Using PayPal in “Sandbox/Testing” mode is possible but requires you to have a separate PayPal Sandbox account and be logged in to that environment prior to initiating tests.
- Enter your PayPal Account Email in the “Gateway Account Email” field.
- Enter your API Username in the “API Username” field.
- Enter your API Password in the “API Password” field.
- Enter your API Signature in the “API Signature” field.
Payment methods available to your customer
PayPal Express now allows your customer to pay with their PayPal account or a Credit Card. The customer can even checkout as “Guest”, eliminating the need for each customer to have a PayPal account. You can disable Credit Card as a payment option within your PayPal Account Profile.