To set up this gateway, you will need your PayPal account’s:
- Gateway Account Email
- API Username
- API Password
- API Signature
Locating your PayPal Account’s API Information
- Log in to your PayPal Business account.
- Hover over your name in the top right corner and click Account Settings.
- Click Website Payments in left column menu.
- Select API Access. If you haven’t already done so, you need to verify your account before requesting API credentials.
- These next pages vary based on whether you have existing PayPal API credentials set up or not.
- If you have already set up API credentials, select NVP/SOAP API integration and View API Signature.
- If you have not set up API credentials, you will need to set up the API credentials and permissions.
- Click Request API Credentials.
- Click Request API signature.
- Click Agree and Submit.
Payment Settings Setup for Paid Memberships Pro
- In your site’s WordPress admin, navigate to the “Payment Settings” tab in the “Memberships” section.
- Select “PayPal Express” from the “Payment Gateway” drop-down.
- Select “Live/Production” from the “Gateway Environment” drop-down. Note: Using PayPal in “Sandbox/Testing” mode is possible but requires you to have a separate PayPal Sandbox account and be logged in to that environment prior to initiating tests.
- Enter your PayPal Account Email in the “Gateway Account Email” field.
- Enter your API Username in the “API Username” field.
- Enter your API Password in the “API Password” field.
- Enter your API Signature in the “API Signature” field.
How to Set your PayPal IPN Notification URL
You should always set the IPN URL in your PayPal settings when using Paid Memberships Pro with any of the various PayPal gateways. Please refer to this guide on how to set, enable, and turn on the IPN URL in your PayPal account.
Payment methods available to your customer
PayPal Express now allows your customer to pay with their PayPal account or a Credit Card. The customer can even checkout as “Guest”, eliminating the need for each customer to have a PayPal account. You can disable Credit Card as a payment option within your PayPal Account Profile.