To set up this gateway, you will need your PayPal account’s:
- Gateway Account Email
- API Username
- API Password
- API Signature
Locating your PayPal Account’s API Information
- Log in to your PayPal Business account.
- Click the Profile icon in upper right.
- Click Profile and Settings in dropdown menu.
- Click the My selling tools tab in left menu. If you haven’t already done so, you need to verify your account before requesting API credentials.
- Click API Access
- These next pages vary based on whether you have existing PayPal API credentials set up or not.
- If you have already set up API credentials, select NVP/SOAP API integration and View API Signature.
- If you have not set up API credentials, you will need to set up the API credentials and permissions.
- Click Request API Credentials.
- Click Request API signature.
- Click Agree and Submit.
Payment Settings Setup for Paid Memberships Pro
- In your site’s WordPress admin, navigate to the “Payment Settings” tab in the “Memberships” section.
- Select “PayPal Website Payments Pro” from the “Payment Gateway” drop-down.
- Select “Live/Production” from the “Gateway Environment” drop-down. Note: Using PayPal in “Sandbox/Testing” mode is possible but requires you to have a separate PayPal Sandbox account and be logged in to that environment prior to initiating tests.
- Enter your PayPal Account Email in the “Gateway Account Email” field.
- Enter your API Username in the “API Username” field.
- Enter your API Password in the “API Password” field.
- Enter your API Signature in the “API Signature” field.
SSL is required when using PayPal Website Payments Pro
Read our documentation about SSL for more information about obtaining, installing, and configuring one for your site.