Version 2.7 of Paid Memberships Pro is out with a new spam protection option and a handful of enhancements and bug fixes.
Version 2.7.1 included an additional fix for an error introduced in 2.7 that affected some MySQL setups.
The full list of updates is below.
All 2.7.1 Updates
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue on some MySQL setups that would throw an error about the primary key in the
All 2.7 Updates
- FEATURE: Added a “Spam Protection” option to the advanced settings page. When used, IP addresses are blocked from checkout if there are more than 10 failsures within 15 minutes.
- ENHANCEMENT: Checkouts with Stripe will now reuse Stripe Products and Prices.
- ENHANCEMENT: User profile now links to Stripe customer so that subscriptions can easily be directly updated in Stripe rather than through Subscriptions Updates which is now deprecated.
- ENHANCEMENT: Improved usability of the Require Membership metabox for sites with a large number of levels.
- ENHANCEMENT: Include reCAPTCHA on Billing Page form.
- ENHANCEMENT: Membership pages URLs are now included in the Site Health Information.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Set the default for the
trueto reduce impact of the functionality on sites that don’t need it.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Consolidated the “Free memberships only” option into the “All memberships” option for enabling reCAPTCHA to ensure that paid memberships with discounts that make the membership $0 cost show reCAPTCHA consistently.
- BUG FIX: Resolved PHP 8 fatal error with Authorize.net Silent Post handling.
- BUG FIX: The new filter
pmpro_admin_pagesetting_post_typereplaces the now deprecated filter
pmpro_admin_pagesetting_post_type_arrayto allows setting one specific post type instead of always getting the first from an array.
- BUG FIX: Resolved issue where users may not be linked to their Stripe customer.
- BUG FIX: Now including all levels (public and hidden) in the Paid Memberships Pro section of Site Health information.
- BUG FIX: Set cancelled/error status from PayPal Express IPN even when an order has no user.
- BUG FIX: Ensure styles are removed from excerpts generated for protected content.
- BUG FIX: Various text adjustments for readability.
- BUG FIX: Set primary key for
- BUG FIX: Fixes around the
pmpro_manage_memberslist_columnsfilter to accommodate sites that aren’t in English.
- BUG FIX: Use the correct cancel method when cancelling an order through PayPal Standard IPN requests. Fixes compatibility with Cancel on Next Payment Date Add On.
- BUG FIX: Discount code expiration date is now properly being used in the REST API.
- BUG FIX: Remove the
SHIPTOPHONENUMparameter sent to PayPal Website Payments API and encode all parameters passed into API updates.
- BUG FIX: Resolve timezone issue with Stripe subscriptions to resolve problems where trials would receive an extra day depending on the time of checkout.
- BUG FIX: Now using a single product per level and a single Stripe price per payment amount to prevent duplicate products and prices.
- REFACTOR: Organized and simplified Stripe gateway class.