By default, when a user cancels their membership on your site running Paid Memberships Pro, their membership is revoked immediately and they will no longer have access to membership content. This Add On will instead set their expiration through their current subscription period. The membership will then expire on the expected next payment date.
Until updated, this will not work with Roles for Membership Levels Add On. If you “cancel”, your role will be set back to subscriber and not the custom role.
How it Works
Sometimes users want to cancel the recurring payment, but would like to keep their membership access until the date their next payment date would have been. This makes sense for certain kinds of membership sites, especially ones with a high monthly or annual cost.
The feature plugin below will change PMPro cancellations to cancel the subscription, but leave members with their level until their next payment date.
Video: Cancel on Next Payment Date Demo
You must have the Paid Memberships Pro plugin installed and activated to use this Add On.
- Navigate to Memberships > Add Ons in the WordPress admin.
- Locate the Add On and click “Install Now”.
- Or, to install this plugin manually, download the .zip file above.
- Upload the compressed directory (.zip) via the Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin screen in the WordPress admin.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins screen in the WordPress admin.
There are no additional settings needed. The logic to set expiration date on cancellation is immediately set up for your site once you install and activate the plugin.
This is a Free Add On.
Create a free account or log in to gain access to downloads and documentation.