PayFast is our recommended payments processing service for South Africans and South African websites. Their payment gateway offers a secure and instant transfer of money between online buyers and sellers. Merchants can accept funds from local and international customers from anywhere in the world in ZAR.
Fees are charged per-transaction according to this fee schedule and there are no setup or monthly fees.
- Make sure you have the Paid Memberships Pro plugin installed and activated.
- Install the Add On via the Plugins > Add New in the WordPress dashboard. Or, upload the ‘pmpro-payfast’ directory to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory of your site.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Navigate to Memberships > Payment Settings in your WordPress dashboard to complete the PayFast settings.
- Register and validate your account with PayFast.
- Log in to your PayFast account and select ‘Settings’ to retrieve your merchant details.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Memberships > Payment Settings.
- Set your “Payment Gateway” to “PayFast”. Fill out your merchant details and Passphrase*
- Set your currency to “South African Rand”.
- Save your settings.