How it Works
The Paid Memberships Pro – Subscriptions Delay Add On adds a “delay” field to PMPro membership levels and discount codes, allowing you to set a variable-length period between your initial payment (if required) and recurring subscription payment.
The delay is set on the “Edit Membership Level” or “Edit Discount Code” admin pages under the “Memberships” admin area in WordPress. You can set your delay to a specific number of days (integer), a specific date in the format YYYY-MM-DD, or a date calculated based on their signup (using a combination of integers and placeholders for year (Y), month (M), and day (D).
Some example implementations include:
- Set delay to “7” to give members 1 week between their signup and the start of their subscription (useful for free trials.
- Set delay to “2018-09-01” to have a specific start date for all members in a level. This is useful for courses or events where all members “join” and begin on the same date.
- Set delay to “Y2-01-01” to have a “calendar year” membership that processes initial payment immediately at checkout (if applicable), then beings their annual subscription on the first of the next year.
- Upload the ‘pmpro-subscription-delays’ directory to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory of your site.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Edit a membership level or discount code to enter your delay settings.