How it Works
This add on has two key uses:
- It allows you to lock a specific user from making changes to their membership level (including selecting a new level if they currently do not have a level). This may be useful for problem members that repeatedly purchase and cancel membership.
- Additionally, you can use this add on to lock a membership level for a specific term. This is useful if you want to restrict members from canceling membership until a required number of installment payments are made.
- Upload the ‘pmpro-lock-membership-level’ directory to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory of your site.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Add a new page for the “Membership Locked” message and assign it under Memberships > Page settings. This is the page that members will be redirected to when attempting to cancel or change membership.
- Add the shortcode [pmpro_membership_locked] to the new page. The shortcode’s only attribute (message) can be used to customize the default message shown.
[pmpro_membership_locked message="An administrator has locked changes to your membership account."]
How to Lock a Member
- Locate the member in the WordPress Users dashboard.
- Edit the user profile.
- Under “Lock Membership” check the box to restrict the member from changing their membership level.
- To view a list of all locked members, navigate to Memberships > Locked Members in the WordPress admin.
How to Lock a Membership Level for a Specific Term
- Edit the membership level on the Memberships > Membership Levels > Edit Membership Level page.
- Under “Lock Membership Level Settings”, check the box to lock the membership level.
- The level can be set to unlock “Never” or after a specified time period (X days, weeks, months, or years).
How to View Locked Members
- Navigate to the Memberships > Members List page in the WordPress admin.
- Select “Locked” from the “Show” dropdown.
Lock a Membership Level forever or for a specific term from the Membership Levels > Edit Level page.
Lock a user from changing their Membership Level from the Edit User page.