How it Works
Using the Member Network Sites Add On, you can allow a member to purchase one or more sites as part of membership. Once configured, the member can purchase membership at the network’s main site (the primary domain of the network) and specify the “Site Name” and “Site Title” for their new site on the network.
The site will be created for them after registering. Any sites attached to a member will be deactivated when membership expires or cancels. If they sign up for a membership again, the site will be reactivated.
You can limit and pre-configure the themes and plugins available to the site created at checkout via the tutorial in this post.
- Install and configure Paid Memberships Pro on the network’s main site.
- Upload the ‘pmpro-network’ directory to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory of your site.
- Activate the “Member Network Sites” plugin on the network’s main site through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Navigate to Memberships > Page Settings in the WordPress Dashboard.
- Generate the “Manage Sites” page under the “Additional Page Settings” heading.
- Edit your membership levels to specify the number of sites allowed for each level.
Defining the Membership Level “Site Credits”
Sites are sold as part of membership to the main site on your network. This used to require custom code, but is now a setting.
Edit your membership levels to specify the number of sites allowed for each level under the “Site Credits” heading on the Memberships > Membership Levels > Edit Level admin page.
Member Dashboard for Managing Sites
Members will have access to view their existing sites, access the site dashboard, and create additional sites as allowed per their membership level.
Creating the Manage Sites Page
This dashboard is a page assigned under the Memberships > Page Settings admin page. The page must contain the shortcode
Member Access to Manage Sites
Members can log in to their membership account on the main network site and access the “Manage Sites” page via the Member Links area on the Membership Account page.