Version 2.5 of Paid Memberships Pro is out with two exciting features. Sites using Stripe can now offer browser payment methods like Apple Pay or Google Pay.
We have added native support for the popular Divi Builder. This integration allows you to restrict a section or row by membership level or for non-members.
Continue reading for more about these features, other bug fixes, and new enhancements in PMPro Version 2.5.
Add Apple Pay and Google Pay as Payment Options at Membership Checkout
v2.5+ enables memberships to offer Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Microsoft Pay as an alternative to manually collecting a member’s credit card information at checkout. This feature is currently only available for membership sites using Stripe as their primary payment gateway.
You can offer these “Payment Request Buttons” along with credit card checkout via Stripe and PayPal Express via the Add PayPal Express Add On. This combination of modern, secure payment gateways is our top recommendation for all membership sites where regionally available.
Read more about the browser payment options now offered in the fully open source PMPro plugin in our companion article here.
Members-Only Sections or Rows Using Divi Builder
We recognize that more and more PMPro-powered membership sites are using Divi to help design their membership pages. We already have support for Elementor, so Divi was a natural progression in extending our native tools for popular builders.
With this integration, you will be able to restrict content at the section or row level. You can choose to display content to non-members or for specific membership levels.
The update also includes a large list of bug fixes and enhancements. We strongly recommend that all sites using Paid Memberships Pro always upgrade to the latest release.
The full list of updates is below.
- FEATURE: When using the Stripe Gateway, you may now allow users to pay using Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Microsoft Pay depending on their browser. Enable this feature from the payment settings page.
- FEATURE: Added Divi Builder compatibility.
- FEATURE: Updated the Braintree Gateway class to be able to use the Braintree API for the
pmpro_next_payment()function. Note, for performance reasons, you must call this method directly or enable it by hooking it up with code like:
add_filter('pmpro_next_payment', array('PMProGateway_braintree', 'pmpro_next_payment'), 10, 3);
- FEATURE: Added
ordermetatables and functions. We will wait about a year for all users to upgrade before using these widespread. (Thanks, Mirco Babini)
- ENHANCEMENT: The “short” version of the level cost text for a free level is now “Free” instead of “0.00 now”.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added a
get_original_subscription_ordermethod to the MemberOrder class. This will return the first order in a subscription when called from a recurring order.
- ENHANCEMENT: Removed the old style license nags.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Using
microtimeand a static counter
intto make sure our order and discount codes are unique. In the past very high traffic sites could run into duplicates if two checkouts happened at the exact same second.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Adjust order delete prompt to support other locales.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Better handling of tax amounts in recurring payments, e.g. when using the VAT Add On.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Optimized how often we hit the Stripe API when events on the checkout page could potentially update the price of checkout.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: The
checkout_levelsapi call now takes
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: No longer running
sanitize_text_fieldon password fields. This would break passwords that had strings of characters resembling html tags.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Now warning admins if the Stripe billing period is longer than 1 year. Billing periods greater than 1 year are not allowed by Stripe.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Now detecting when a Stripe webhook is set up for an older version of the Stripe API and showing a notice with a link to update.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Adding
MAXFAILEDPAYMENTS=1to PayPal add subscription requests. This tells PayPal to cancel a subscription after the first failed payment. In our experience, the automatic retries rarely worked well. This change fixes issues with subscriptions going out of sync or users retaining access to your site when their payment has failed. Members still receive the payment failed email, which prompts users to return to the site to renew.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Fixing some issues where we are adding extra break tags into the password reset email. There are still some issues like this when using certain plugins. We are working on a general fix.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Removed the “coupon amount” field from the edit order page. These were hold outs from the 2007! ecommerce plugin PMPro was forked from. You can set the
__return_trueto show these fields again if you were using them for tracking things in your custom code.
- BUG FIX: Fixed MMPU compatibility when using discount codes.
- BUG FIX: No longer filtering the
wp-login.php. This fixes issues with iThemes Security 2FA.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issues where the Stripe webhook was not being updated sometimes when clicking the button to update.
- BUG FIX: Fixed some notices and warnings when using Braintree.
- BUG FIX: Now resetting memberslist page number when changing shown level.
- BUG FIX: Now ensuring that the discount code field updates, update the Request Button price.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue where non-pretty permalinks may break frontend password resets.
- BUG FIX: Fixed invoice links on the account page. (Thanks, Mateusz Hołtyn)
- BUG FIX: Fixed incorrect label “for” attribute for uninstall setting.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue where some free plugins distributed by PMPro would show warnings about requiring a Plus license.