This specific tutorial will show you how to add a telephone number to your PMPro checkout form using User Fields settings. Adding a telephone number to the checkout form of a membership site is a popular use cases for coaching, course, and hyper-local membership communities.
If you want to learn more about the various other fields you can add to your checkout form, or need more details on how to get started with custom fields, please see the User Field documentation area for more information.
Create the Phone Number Field With No-Code
- Navigate to Memberships > Settings > User Fields
- Choose to add your field to an existing field group or create a new field group called “Contact Information”.
- Click “+ Add Field” to create a new field for phone number information.
- Set the field label to “Home Phone” or “Mobile Phone” or another label of your choice.
- Choose the
textfield type to allow members to enter their phone number in any number format, including symbols like
- Optional: Add a “Hint” to the field with your preferred phone number format such as “
Please format your number like (123) 456-7890“. If you expect to have international phone numbers, it’s important to specific that members should include their country code in the number in the “Hint”.
- Refer to our full documentation on adding user fields if you need help adjusting the field settings.
- Click Save Settings.