How it Works
The Add Member From Admin Add On allows users with the admin or membership manager role to create a new user, add membership level settings, and optionally create an order in one single step. The Add On does not currently offer the ability to charge the member via the admin dashboard. Please read this article for alternative methods for creating users as the site owner.
You must have the Paid Memberships Pro plugin installed and activated with a valid license type to use this Add On.
- Navigate to Memberships > Add Ons in the WordPress admin.
- Locate the Add On and click “Install Now”.
- To install this plugin manually, download the .zip file above, then upload the compressed directory via the Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin screen in the WordPress admin.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins screen in the WordPress admin.
When the plugin is activated, you will see a new “Add Member” page under “Memberships” in your WordPress admin. The form includes the fields for:
- user account (email address, password – entered or random, first name, last name, role)
- membership level
- payment (only cash or check; we’re currently developing the admin credit card processing component)
- order total
- order notes
- existing filters in place for adding additional fields to the user registration will also appear here.
How to Add a New Member
- Complete the form fields under Memberships > Add Member
- Once you submit the form, the user account will be active and appear in the member’s list with the membership settings you entered.
- An order under Memberships > Orders will be created for the membership “checkout”.
- If you need to make updates to the corresponding order (i.e. if they pay you via check offline and you want to record receipt), locate it in the Memberships > Orders list.
This is a Standard Add On.
Standard Add Ons are included in all premium membership plans.