How It Works
Community and Membership sites on WordPress use this plugin as a lightweight solution for custom user avatars.
Admins can upload a user’s avatar on the Edit User admin screen.
Basic User Avatars also supports front-end avatar management for sites that want to keep users out of the dashboard. To use this feature, add the shortcode
basic-user-avatars to any page in your WordPress site.
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New in the WordPress admin.
- Search for the plugin by name.
- Click “Install”, then “Activate”.
- If you only want users with file upload capabilities to upload avatars, check the applicable option under Settings > Discussion.
- Navigate to Users > Edit User to upload a custom avatar for your users.
- Add the
basic-user-avatarsshortcode to a page in your WordPress site to allow front-end avatar upload for your users.
bbPress support is added automatically if bbPress is activated.
Video: Allow Members to Set Up a Custom Avatar
Migrate From WP User Avatar Plugin
Version 1.0.5 includes a feature to automatically convert avatars formerly loaded through the WP User Avatar plugin. This means that you can disable WP User Avatar, activate Basic User Avatars, and have a seamless transition for existing avatars in your site. Be sure to update any avatar upload form that used the
avatar_upload shortcode to use the shortcode:
This is a Free Add On.
Create a free account or log in to gain access to downloads and documentation.