This integration plugin is designed to support membership sites that use MailPoet to distribute email newsletters for their WordPress site.
MailPoet is an email marketing plugin and service that you can use directly inside your WordPress site. You can use the MailPoet drag-and-drop builder to design custom email newsletters, select subscribers, and distribute emails through the WordPress admin.
How the MailPoet Integration Works
The MailPoet Integration for Paid Memberships Pro automatically subscribes members to assigned MailPoet lists by level. Members can also opt-in to specific lists as part of the membership checkout process.
When a user’s membership level is cancelled or expired, they are automatically added to your selected non-member list (for members who have cancelled or expired) and are appropriately tagged in MailPoet. This allows you to send premium email content only to your active members, by membership level.
- Install the Add On via the Plugins > Add New in the WordPress dashboard. Or, upload the plugin to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory of your site.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Navigate to Memberships > MailPoet in the WordPress admin to proceed with setup.
MailPoet Integration Settings
Below is a description of the various settings available in the plugin. Navigate to Memberships > MailPoet in the WordPress admin to configure the plugin for your site
- Non-Members List: Users are automatically subscribed to non-member lists when they register without a membership level or when their membership level is removed.
- Opt-In List: Give users the option to subscribe to additional lists at checkout and on their profile page.
- Membership Lists: Assign MailPoet subscriptions to each membership. Members are automatically subscribed to these lists during checkout or after membership level changes. You can add members to a single list or multiple lists depending on your needs.
- Unsubscribe On Level Change? Choose whether subscribers should be removed from their level lists when their membership changes. This setting unsubscribes members from their current level’s list when they cancel, expire, or otherwise change their membership level.
Import Current Members to MailPoet
This integration plugin does not perform a retroactive update of all membership levels > subscriber list settings. If you want to start using MailPoet and you already have members, you must complete a one-time import to sync MailPoet subscribers and members.
Email Deliverability With MailPoet
Unlike a third-party email marketing platform, MailPoet emails by default are sent through your WordPress hosting environment email systems. If you are having problems with sending email, see our guide on email deliverability here.
This is a Free Add On.
Create a free account or log in to gain access to downloads and documentation.