Paid Memberships Pro should work on any host that supports WordPress 5.0 or higher.
- Server: We recommend a Linux-based server at the equivalent of a “Virtual Dedicated Server” or higher when choosing a hosting plan. Shared hosting plans that rely heavily on caching are not a good fit because membership sites cannot be cached as aggressively as standard sites.
- PHP: We strongly recommend a hosting environment that uses PHP version 7 or greater.
- MySQL: The version of MySQL on your server should be version 5.6 or greater.
- SSL: To enable SSL, you will need a dedicated IP address and an SSL certificate [docs].
- CURL: This command line tool is needed for several of our gateway integrations. In most cases you can ask your host to enable CURL for you if it is not enabled by default.
Note that Windows-based hosting platforms should be able to run PMPro, but we do not do extensive testing on that setup. If you have issues, please contact us to work them out.