We’ve just launched our Zapier Integration in the WordPress Plugin Repository. You can now unlock integration with loads of third party apps offered via Zapier to send or receive data in your Paid Memberships Pro-powered membership site.
What is Zapier and what are Zaps?
Zapier is a service that moves info from one application to another. Think of it as a bridge that can connect your website to an external application or service.
Zapier uses the term ‘zap’ to refer to the basic connections that automate a process for you (a trigger with an event). Our Zapier Integration includes support for sending data from your membership site to an external application as well as receiving data from an external application into your Membership site.
What are some popular integrations I can set up using this Add On?
The more you familiarize yourself with Zapier and its supported apps, the more you will be able to imagine potential ways to extend your membership site. The Add On documentation page offers more details on what data is available via the integration, as well as the possible “actions” and “triggers” you can use in Zapier.
A few of the more popular ways we see Paid Memberships Pro working with Zapier to SEND data include:
- Populating and Updating Google Sheets with new lead information from your Paid Memberships Pro site.
- Integrate with a third-party email marketing program, like ActiveCampaign or Campaign Monitor, where there isn’t an existing Add On for PMPro.
- Send member information to a CRM system like HubSpot or Salesforce.
- Adding new lead information to an email sent to your Gmail address so you can personally follow up with your members.
- Create invoices from membership orders in your QuickBooks Online account.
If you’re looking to RECEIVE data into your Membership site, some possibilities include:
- Leverage a third-party gateway system such as ClickFunnels to sell membership and create accounts on your site.
- Update a user’s membership level when they participate in social activities or register via third party apps.
- Check a member’s level before providing access to a third party service.