How it Works
This plugin includes two key features: custom menu location areas by level and a custom membership menu widget. You can manage menus with as much granularity as you would like. Menus can be set to display for all members, logged-in non-members, by level, and the default (not logged in visitors).
Swap Menus Placed via the Appearance > Menus > Theme Locations
This add on will duplicate all wp_nav_menus defined by your theme and create a “members” version as well as a logged-in non-member version. You can customize menus even further by optionally creating a level-specific navigation menu. This can be set on the Edit Membership Level screen under the “Navigation Menu” section.
If you do not set a Menu for a member-specific Theme Location, the menu will fall back to the default as defined by your theme.
The Custom Membership Menu Widget
Navigate to the Appearance > Widgets page in the WordPress Dashboard. Here, you will see a new available widget labeled “PMPro – Custom Membership Menu” that can be placed in any available widget area in your theme.
- Title: Set a title to display before the menu items. (optional)
- Members Menu: Select a global menu to display for members of ANY membership level. (optional)
- Logged-in Non-members Menu: Select a global menu to display for logged in users without a membership level. (optional)
Click the link labeled “Click here to set menus for specific levels.” to expand more options. These options will show each active membership level on your site and allow you to assign a unique menu per level.
Menus must be created in the Appearance > Menus page of the WordPress Dashboard prior to selecting them for display in the widget.
- PMPro Plus members can install the add on via the Memberships > Add Ons admin page.
- Or, download the plugin file and upload the ‘pmpro-nav-menus’ directory to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory of your site.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Optionally create level-specific navigation menus on the ‘Edit Membership Level’ admin.
- Create new navigation menu(s) for your members and assign them to the appropriate Theme Location.
- Add the “PMPro – Custom Membership Menu” widget to widget areas in your theme.
Your new membership-specific navigation menu theme locations
Optionally create level-specific navigation menus on the ‘Edit Membership Level’ admin
The Default Menu placed via widget and shown in the “Header Right” widget area of a site using Memberlite.
The Members Menu placed via widget and shown to a logged-in member in the “Header Right” widget area of a site using Memberlite.