Whether or not you are already using a content marketing strategy, the tools exist in your Paid Memberships Pro and WordPress site to start any time. Here are some features you can explore to enhance your content marketing strategy.
Monetize Your Content
- Our main focused feature for PMPro was the ability to restrict access to content based on membership level.
- Each membership level addresses what your members could need and gives the member the opportunity to pay for that content.
- You can set the billing model to what fits your business best. This can range from a once-off payment to a recurring subscription.
- Read more on the various ways to restrict content.
Leverage Community-Building Tools
- If you need a community feature for your WordPress site, you can explore the BuddyPress Plugin. It includes member profiles, activity streams, direct messaging, notifications and more.
- You can then use the BuddyPress Integration for Paid Memberships Pro to manage access to your BuddyPress Community.
- Restrict forum content with bbPress Integration for Paid Memberships Pro that can enhance the forum experience by membership level.
Build Your List
- Exporting your members email addresses and importing it again into your emailing software or CMS can become tedious. To automate this process you can take a look at the Paid Memberships Pro Email Marketing Integrations that are available.
- The Mailchimp Integration for Paid Memberships Pro is our most popular and used integration with a third-party email marketing platform. It allows the admin to set which audience each level should be subscribed to. This gives you the ability to send specific information to specific members.
- If you are already using an email marketing software that does not have an integration with PMPro, try our Zapier Integration. Zapier is a service that moves info from one application to another. Other popular CMS systems have integrations with Zapier as well.
Consider an Affiliate Program
- An affiliate is a person or group that recommends a business or organization’s product or service to their community. In exchange for this recommendation, the affiliate will receive a monetary payment or some other exchange of value from the business. Read more on this here.
- If you have basic affiliate program requirements and only need to manage who is referring who, try our Lightweight Affiliate Tracking Add On.
- You can also manage and track your Affiliates with Paid Memberships Pro and other popular third-party Integrations like WP Affiliate Platform, Affiliate WP and many more. See this post for more information.
Connect Memberships and E-Commerce:
- Say you already have products you are selling online on a WordPress E-commerce platform like WooCommerce and want to consider adding membership options. The Paid Memberships Pro WooCommerce Integration will allow you to sell memberships as a product, set a global % discount on products by level or set a per-product members-only price.
- Explore more on e-commerce payment options and invoicing with Paid Memberships Pro.
- Paid Memberships Pro has 90+ other addons and features to enhance your membership site. It does not all relate to Content Marketing but gives various options to manage and improve your Content Marketing.
- Some features to explore can include members-only events, offer new members codes to share and invite others, member directory and profile pages, social login and much, much more.
It’s important to understand and decide what marketing strategy your business is following. Getting started can be daunting and overwhelming but I hope you could take some advice and tips on how to implement it within your membership business.
We hope the way we manage and implement our content marketing could inspire and guide you in your journey. There are many ways to accomplish this and we believe that starting with Paid Memberships Pro can give you the edge you need to be successful.
Want to read more about content marketing?
We have a series of articles on the topic of content marketing—and we followed our own advice in point 8 to”narrow it down” into a few distinct posts. Here is some continued reading for you to explore related to content marketing: