Our Approvals Add On grants membership site administrators the ability to approve or deny members. v1.2 includes a few key bug fixes related to access restrictions for members pending approval as well as better integration with other Add Ons that are regularly used alongside Approvals.
About the Add On
The Approvals Add On for Paid Memberships Pro allows you to set up a unique approval or application process for your membership site. After a member signs up, the Admin, Membership Manager, or new Approver roles will have the ability to approve their membership or deny the application. You can configure the Add On in a variety of ways to best suit your membership site needs, such as collecting an application fee or requiring members to move through a flow of levels to get approved and accepted.View the Add On
About the Update
Andrew Lima spearheaded this group of changes and focused on tightening up a few bugs related to content displaying for members in the pending status that should have been hidden. He also completely overhauled how email notifications were coded to allow for a tighter integration between this Add On and the Email Templates Admin Editor Add On. You can view details on each email sent by this Add On and what template variables are available in the documentation page here.
Plus and Unlimited members can update to this latest version directly via the Dashboard > Updates page in the WordPress admin area.
The full list of changes is detailed below:
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue with
[membership]shortcode not working correctly for pending/logged-in non-members.
- BUG FIX: Fixed integration with Email Confirmation Add On. Admins will only be able to approve/deny users once their emails are confirmed.
- BUG FIX: Fixed integration with Email Templates Admin Editor Add On sending out wrong usernames. Dear admin, for users and vice versa.
- BUG FIX: Fixed pending member notification bubble for PMPro 2.0+.
- BUG FIX: Fixed menus for PMPro 2.0+. (Thanks, ioamnesia on GitHub)
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Reworked the email functionality entirely.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added i18n support for Approvals with French translation files. Please submit your translation files via a Pull Request or contact us with your translation files.
- ENHANCEMENT: Filters added for approved, denied and pending status [docs].
- ENHANCEMENT: Support Register Helper fields inside the “View” profile of pending users. Including “File” fields.