Read on to see what our development team and many external developers have contributed to our open source platform in the last few months. This post contains release notes for Paid Memberships Pro Add Ons recently updated.
How to Update PMPro Add Ons
Navigate to Dashboard > Updates in the WordPress admin to update Add Ons in your membership site. A valid license is required to update some of our premium Add Ons. Be sure to backup your site before preforming updates and always update one plugin at a time so that you can isolate upgrade issues.
Manage access to your BuddyPress Community using Paid Memberships Pro.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added “Membership” menu tab to the “View Profile” BuddyPress page.
- ENHANCEMENT: Removed “Public” or “Private” wording from the frontend when viewing groups when this feature requires a level.
- ENHANCEMENT: Removed “Public” option from XProfile field settings as this is restricted in certain cases.
- ENHANCEMENT: Improved restrictions for notifications page when BuddyPress settings are locked down (I.e. Group Notifications).
- ENHANCEMENT: Redirect away from the BuddyPress directory if the user’s membership level doesn’t allow access to Groups.
- ENHANCEMENT: Improved the BuddyPress Directory SQL into parts so that tweaking/customizing the filtering is easier. New filter added
- BUG FIX: Fixed an issue where the initial installation would not restrict BuddyPress. By default, on initial install all features of BuddyPress are restricted to non-members.
- BUG FIX: Fixed an issue where the “Show Membership Level on Profiles” wasn’t working for BuddyBoss installs.
- BUG FIX: Fixed an issue from v1.3 that was causing the member directory to constantly be locked in most cases.
Change membership cancellation to set an expiration date for next payment instead of canceling immediately.
- ENHANCEMENT: Internationalization for the date in the cancellation text string.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Now correctly populating the
!!enddate!!variables for use in the cancel or cancel_admin email templates.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Fixed warnings related to non-int values being passed into the
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Now bailing if we can’t figure out which level is being cancelled (happens sometimes with MMPU or when cancellations happen via webhook or custom code).
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: No longer extending if the cancellation comes from a PayPal Express IPN notification RE failed/skipped payments.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Added support for PayPal Standard. Better PayPal Express support.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: No longer extending if the cancellation comes from a Stripe webhook charge.failed event.
- BUG FIX: Fixed code that determines if the user is on the cancel page or edit user/profile page in the admin, which is used in the cancellation logic.
- REFACTOR: Updated doc blocks.
- REFACTOR: Removed some unused code.
Create courses with lessons and manage member access natively in Paid Memberships Pro. Also integrates membership with third party LMS plugins including LearnDash and LifterLMS.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added blocks for “My Courses” and “All Courses” shortcodes. This works only when the default module is being used.
- BUG FIX: Fixed an issue where lessons in TutorLMS weren’t restricting correctly.
- BUG FIX: Fixed an issue where the limit attribute wasn’t filtering the courses content for
- BUG FIX: Fixed an issue for the
plugin_action_linksthrowing an error for certain user roles.
Enhance your membership site with a public or members-only searchable directory and customizable member profile pages.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Better profile page checks prevent issues with rewrite rules
Display a map of members via shortcode or on the frontend pages for the Member Directory and Profiles Add On.
- ENHANCEMENT: Test the API request whenever saving a new API Key to ensure it’s all setup correctly.
- ENHANCEMENT: Improved functionality and sanitization of custom fields in marker windows. URL values now are clickable.
- ENHANCEMENT: Geocode user address whenever their profile is saved or updated and billing fields are present on the edit user/profile page
A collection of customizations useful when allowing users to pay by check for Paid Memberships Pro levels.
- ENHANCEMENT: Tweaked the confirmation message on the confirmation page to clearly show that no access is available until payment is received.
- ENHANCEMENT: Improved cases where orders would stay in pending if members checked out for the same level but change their payment method. Previous orders now are set with the “token” status if switching gateways and had a pending status with check payment.
- BUG FIX: Improved compatibility for cases like Auto Renewal Checkbox where a level may have recurring and non-recurring options. This fixes an issue where non-recurring members would still be cancelled or receive renewal reminders.
- BUG FIX: Various fixes to support and improve compatibility with PHP8+.
- BUG FIX: Fixed an issue where the membership shortcode for non-members (
level="0") would display incorrectly.