Read on to see what our development team and many external developers have contributed to our open source platform in the last few months. This post contains release notes for Paid Memberships Pro Add Ons recently updated.
Plus or Unlimited members can update Add Ons through the WordPress admin under Dashboard > Updates or Memberships > Add Ons. Be sure to backup your site before preforming updates and always update one plugin at a time so that you can isolate upgrade issues.
Capture name and address fields for free levels or for offsite payment gateways.
- ENHANCEMENT: Strings wrapped for localization.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Fixed issue where the “Billing” label in the heading wasn’t being hidden properly for free levels.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issues with session handling when using PayPal Express/etc. Fields were not being saved on some sites.
Integrate Paid Memberships Pro with bbPress to restrict forum content and enhance the forum experience by membership level.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue that was causing fatal errors when
WP_Querydidn’t contain posts when other plugins were setting the query. Fixes an issue for Formidable Pro/Registrations and improves compatibility with other plugins.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue where fatal errors were thrown in the admin when using some other plugins, e.v. WP Form or Formidable Pro. (Thanks, steve-page on GitHub)
Change membership cancellation to set an expiration date for next payment instead of canceling immediately.
- NOTE: This version requires PMPro version 2.5.8 or higher.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Uses the new
pmpro_change_levelfilter to keep the user’s level from changing ever. Their order and subsciptions are cancelled and their expiration date is set up, but the
pmpro_after_change_membership_levelwill not fire. This prevents issues with other code hooked into membership level changes.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Now localizing the end date that is included in emails and confirmation messages.
- BUG FIX: No longer extending a membership if the cancellation status is “error”.
- BUG FIX: Better handling cases where multiple memberships expire during one page load, e.g. during the expiration cron.
Offer members-only events using popular events plugins and Paid Memberships Pro.
- ENHANCEMENT: Improved integration for Sugar Calendar and the Event Ticketing Add On so that the Event Ticketing box is not displayed if the event is protected.
- BUG FIX: Fixed a problem where events for The Events Calendar would get the wrong excerpt when they were protected.
Display a map of members via shortcode or on the frontend pages for the Member Directory and Profiles Add On.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added in support for Zoom levels for map. New filter
- ENHANCEMENT: Filter added to geocoding API key. New filter
- ENHANCEMENT: Custom fields now supported to show up inside the markers info window.
- ENHANCEMENT: Code refactored and implemented better map styling options. New filter
- ENHANCEMENT: General improvements made to single map query.
- BUG FIX: Fixed an issue with shortcode attribute ‘ID’ conflicts and changed to ‘map_id’ to be more explicit.
Adds a custom WordPress Role for each Membership Level. Membership Level settings allow you to specify the single role or multiple roles to assign to members of the level.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Reworked function that assigns user roles for Paid Memberships Pro V2.5.8+. Fixes an issue with Multiple Memberships Per User and WooCommerce.
- ENHANCEMENT: New filter added
pmpro_roles_after_role_change. This allows developers to hook in during the role assignment process and run other code.
Integrate activity in your WordPress site with third-party services that use Webhooks. Works with Zapier, Automate.io, Integromat, and more. Note that v2.6 of Paid Memberships Pro includes native support for Zapier and no longer requires this Add On to connect your apps and automate workflows.
- ENHANCEMENT: New trigger added for after checkout.
- ENHANCEMENT: Additional hooks added in to allow customizing data passed through.