Below is a recap of Paid Memberships Pro Add Ons updated recently. We’re also announcing the release of the Invite Only Membership Add On, allowing you to give members invite codes for friends/referrals and require an invite code to register for specified levels.
We’ve also added a pricing comparison table layout to the Advanced Levels Page Shortcode. Sweet!
PMPro Plus members can install and upgrade add ons through their WordPress dashboard under Dashboard > Updates or Memberships > Add Ons. Be sure to backup your site before performing updates.
About the Invite Only Membership Add On
This new Add On allows you to restrict membership signups for specific membership levels and require an invite code.
After completing their membership checkout, your member will receive a unique invite code that they can share with others. You can specify the number of uses on the invite code, make it unlimited, or give the member multiple single-use codes.
A list of used/unused invite code(s) is displayed on the Membership Account page, allowing a member to see who has used their code to register and manage the unused codes tied to their account.
The admin can increase the number of invites available for a user on the “Edit User” page.
- FEATURE: Added support for Levels Comparison Table layout type (ex. layout=”compare_table”).
- FEATURE: Added shortcode attribute for renew_button text.
- If you have !!validation_link!! in your email body, the validation link will be inserted there instead of at the top of the email. (Thanks, Thomas Sjolshagen)
- BUG: Checking if iSDK is already loaded before loading again to prevent conflicts with other plugins loading the SDK. Issues may still persist if the plugins load different versions of the SDK.
- Now removing enclosures from member posts.
- Filtering the RSS content filter to show a link to the post.
- Fixed new content email cron to remember which posts members were notified of.
- Updated format of the notification email. Will now send 1 email with a list of all new content instead of 1 email for each post.
- BUG: Added current_time(‘timestamp’) to the date() calls to fix off by one timestamp issues.
- BUG: No longer applying esc_sql to values in the discount_code settings. Escaping of quotes was breaking the SQL. Make sure your values in your settings are SQL safe.
- BUG: Fixed bug in pmprosm_getValuesBySponsoredLevel() where it was checking the main account level id instead of the $level_id parameter passed to the function. This would have kept the registration checks from working.
- FEATURE: Can now override the discount code that is generated for brand new main account users. Add a ‘discount_code’ element to the $pmprosm_sponsored_account_levels array element that is an array itself with values for any of the following discount code fields: code_id, level_id, initial_payment, billing_amount, cycle_number, cycle_period, billing_limit, trial_amount, trial_limit, expiration_number, expiration_period. Make sure that strings in the _period values are wrapped in single quotes, e.g. $discount_code[‘expiration_period’]=>”‘Year'”
- FEATURE: Added a “discount_code_required” property for sponsored levels, which will remove the registration check to make sure a discount code is used when checking out for a sponsored level. This is useful if users can purchase the sponsored levels directly.
- Added support for recurring levels.
- Create a new “pending” invoice automatically on renewal date.
- Send emails when the invoice is created asking for payment.
- Send email if the invoice isn’t paid within 30, 45 days.
- Cancel the subscription and mark invoice as “unpaid” after 60 days.