This post lists the Paid Memberships Pro Add On Updates completed in October 2020.
Add On Updates include the following: bbPress Integration | Sponsored/ Group Members | Addon Packages | Membership Maps | BuddyPress Integration | Register Helper | Series: Drip-Feed Content | Payflow Recurring Orders | Payfast Payment Gateway and Roles for Membership Level
How to Update PMPro Add Ons
Navigate to Dashboard > Updates in the WordPress admin to update Add Ons in your membership site. A valid license is required to update some of our premium Add Ons. Be sure to backup your site before performing updates and always update one plugin at a time so that you can isolate upgrade issues.
bbPress Integration v1.7
Integrate Paid Memberships Pro with bbPress to restrict forum content and enhance the forum experience by membership level.
- BUG FIX: Fixed a warning that post_type wasn’t set in some cases for the pre_get_posts.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Merged two functions that hooked in on ‘init’ to try and stabilize functionality.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added in a filter to bypass the “Filter searches and archives” settings for forums and topics from search and archive pages. Namely ‘pmprobb_filter_forum_queries’ and ‘pmprobb_filter_topic_queries’ (boolean values).
- ENHANCEMENT: Escape and localized strings to allow for translations and additional locales.
Sponsored/Group Members v.0.9
For groups or institutions that allow a member to purchase a block of linked accounts. The Add On provides the primary member’s with a code to distribute to their team for use during registration. The primary member can also automatically register the child accounts during checkout.
This Add On update was big enough to list and post on it’s own. Read the Sponsored/Group Members v.0.9 Changelog here.View the Add On
Addon Packages v0.8
Sell access to individual pages or posts, or sell a la carte items for a flat fee.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Better handling of cases where an addon package post has been trashed, deleted, or set back to draft status.
- ENHANCEMENT: Ready for localization.
Membership Maps v0.2
Display a map of members via shortcode or on the frontend pages for the Member Directory and Profiles Add On.
- BUG FIX: Fixed a warning for empty marker coordinates.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added in link to documentation on how to get a Google Maps API key on the ‘Advanced Settings’ page.
- ENHANCEMENT: General improvements to code to handle larger amounts of markers. Defaults to 100 markers at a time.
- ENHANCEMENT: New filters added to allow a start and end for loading markers to let developer’s load only a certain amount of markers. ‘pmpromm_load_markers_start’ and ‘pmpromm_load_markers_limit’ respectively.
- ENHANCEMENT: Support internationalization and loaded general .pot, .po and .mo files for translations.
Manage access to your BuddyPress Community using Paid Memberships Pro.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue where the create group and join group buttons were not being disabled for users who shouldn’t have had permission to create or join groups.
Register Helper v1.7
A robust Add On to collect additional fields at membership signup. Fields can be collected at membership checkout, on the user’s profile or for administrative view-only.
- ENHANCEMENT: Files can now be deleted by setting the “allow_delete” field attribute.
- ENHANCEMENT: Images submitted through the “file” field can now be previewed.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added function to collect information saved in the “wp_users” table.
- ENHANCEMENT: Membership managers can now see admin only fields.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Class “pmpro_required” now being added to required fields.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: “Required” asterisks are now being added by the core PMPro plugin.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Checkout box descriptions are now being shown on frontend profile.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue where fields would be required even if they are not visible on checkout page.
- BUG FIX: select2 and checkbox_grouped fields will now successfully save when empty.
- BUG FIX: Fields depending on checkbox_grouped value will now show/hide as expected.
- BUG FIX: Line breaks will now be preserved in textareas.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue where “0” in text field would not pass required check.
Series: Drip Feed Content v0.5
Drip feed content to your members over the course of their membership. Serializes content by # of days post-registration.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now showing a different message at the top of a series when all content is now available.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now wrapping content of series pages in a <div> so that it can be targeted with CSS.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added classes around text at the top of series pages so that it can be targeted with CSS.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now using date_i18n() instead of date().
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Posts that have not yet been published will no longer be shown in series on frontend.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Updated select2 library.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue where custom “new_content.html” files would not be found.
- BUG FIX: Now updating “_post_series” postmeta when a series is deleted.
- BUG FIX: Fixed PHP warning when sending the “new_content.html” email.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue where startdates may have been shifted based on SQL timezone.
Payflow Recurring Orders v0.3
Synchronize Payflow recurring subscriptions with Paid Memberships Pro.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Removed the code to only run the cron between 1AM and 6AM. Instead, it will run every hour and you can use the new pmpro_payflow_recurring_orders_skip_cron filter to return true during those times if you’d like to skip the cron during heavy times
Payfast Payment Gateway v1.0
Add the South African payment processing service PayFast as a gateway option for Paid Memberships Pro.
- BUG FIX: Fixed a fatal error if Paid Memberships Pro (core) plugin was disabled.
- BUG FIX: Fixed an issue where initial order was showing incorrect amount charged if initial price wasn’t the same as the recurring price.
- BUG FIX: Fixed a PHP warning when creating a new membership level while PayFast was enabled as the active gateway.
Roles for Membership Level Add On v1.3
Adds a new WordPress Role for each Membership Level. A member’s role will be set to the role for their membership level after checkout.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added options to level settings area to choose which roles members should receive when purchasing a level.
- ENHANCEMENT: Supports members having multiple roles, and integration for Multiple Memberships Per User Add On.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added localization (translations) and escaped all front-end strings.
- ENHANCEMENT: Improved coding standards and docblocks for all functions.
- ENHANCEMENT: New filter added for when a member cancels, allows developers to set a unique user role when a member cancels. Filter: ‘pmpro_roles_downgraded_role’
- ENHANCEMENT: New filter added to allow developers to add/remove roles to the membership level settings checkboxes. By default, this excludes the admin role. Filter: ‘pmpro_roles_downgraded_role’.
- REFACTOR: Reworked the delete_level function. Logic is still the same.