This post recaps the Paid Memberships Pro Add Ons recently updated.
How to Update PMPro Add Ons
Navigate to Dashboard > Updates in the WordPress admin to update Add Ons in your membership site. A valid license is required to update some of our premium Add Ons. Be sure to backup your site before preforming updates and always update one plugin at a time so that you can isolate upgrade issues.
- BUG: No longer changing expiration if user already has the membership level.
- BUG: Fixed fatal error when bbPress was not activated.
- ENHANCEMENT: When redirecting members away from protected forums, the referring page is now saved in
- FEATURE: Added new shortcode for member activity (topics or replies).
- ENHANCEMENT: Wrapped all text to allow translation.
- BUG: Fixed typo when editing the email header.
- BUG: Fixed link to edit the test order.
- FEATURE: Updated for localization with new
- BUG: Fixed PHP warning when
- BUG: Fixed issue where the addon would crash if PMPro was not activated.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now tracking views per level for cases where users upgrade their level during the middle of the month/etc.
- ENHANCEMENT: Moved the redirect code into a
- ENHANCEMENT: Added a
pmprolpv_has_membership_accessfilter that can be used to override the behavior of the code that redirects users away from content.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added a
pmprolpv_post_typesfilter that can be used to tell the addon to allow and limit views on other post types. Defaults to just array(‘post’).
- BUG: Fixed issue with updating email addresses in MailChimp when email addresses are updated in WordPress.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added a filter
pmpromc_profile_updatethat you can set to __return_true to tell the addon to synchronize user data on every profile update. By default, PMPro MailChimp will only synchronize data if the email address has changed. Filter passes $update_user, $user_id, and $old_user_data and is documented in the code.
- BUG: Fixed issue where the wrong subscriber id was being used for subsequent API calls when calls were made for more than one subscriber (e.g. when importing, bulk updating, or members are expiring).
- BUG: Fixed other warnings, typos, and minor bugs.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added filter
pmpro_addon_mc_api_timeoutto modify API connection timeout (default is 10 seconds which should be plenty!)
- BUG: Fixed bug where “additional opt-in lists” were causing fatal errors at checkout if set.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Now showing pending/error/token/refunded (any status) orders in the history again.
- BUG: Fixed invalid expiry date in member history for members who have none (again). 🙂
- ENHANCEMENT: Added a PMPro Custom Menu Widget. The widget filtering we were doing before only worked on menus that were also attached to menu locations. The PMPro Custom Menu Widget will work for menus only used in widgets. The widget has a property to choose who the menu is shown to.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now also filtering the Custom Menu Widget so member menus are shown.
- BUG: Fixed some warnings during account creation.
- BUG: Fixed bug where checkbox values weren’t updated if they were changed from checked to unchecked during a renewal checkout. (Thanks, stevep2000)
- BUG: Fixed display of fields with multiple values in Members List CSV.
- BUG: Fixed JS logic for conditional checkbox fields. (Thanks, jslootbeek)
- BUG: Fixes for date fields.
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated select2 to the latest version and using minimized files.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now loading select2 on front end pages and user profiles.
- ENHANCEMENT: Made the multiselect “Choose one or more” instruction translatable.
- FEATURE: Added a setting to the membership section of the edit product page with a checkbox to “mark the order as completed immediately after checkout to activate the associated membership”.
- BUG: Fixed bug when setting membership price to 0.
- BUG: Fixed PHP notices on WooCommerce single product page when PMPro membership price discount was empty.
- BUG: Fixed issue where member prices were not being applied to products for members.